Makes 24 servings.
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup almond flour
3/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup mini unsweetened chocolate chips
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup natural almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients, including chocolate chips, in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
- Drop the dough into 24 even mounds on a greased baking sheet, or pour into a greased 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan.
- Lightly press down to flatten (cookies will not flatten much during cooking).
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are set in the center.
Amount per serving: 150 calories, 8g total fat (1.5g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 17g carbohydrates, 4g protein, 3g dietary fiber, 60mg sodium.
Source: American Institute for Cancer Research